As a former administrator who has spent his whole career in long-term care, Ari Shabat, CEO of RESIDE Admissions, created RESIDE after seeing an immense need in the industry for more transparency and better patient care.
Recently, the RESIDE team sat down with Shabat to discuss the impetus for developing RESIDE, how the platform improves patient care and how facilities can better leverage technology during the admissions process to not only survive, but also thrive in the highly regulated Long Term Care industry.
Q: What was the catalyst for developing RESIDE Admissions?
A: As the son of a nursing homeowner and a former administrator, I developed RESIDE because I saw a need for more transparency, accountability and increased patient care in the long-term care industry.
Q: What sets RESIDE apart from other admissions process/platforms?
A: Right now, 90% of long-term care facilities still rely on a paper process, keeping them from the oversight needed to maintain the rigorous regulatory standards. RESIDE is more than just a scanned-in version of a contract: it’s a simplified digital admissions process.
RESIDE is a unique, exclusive process for many reasons:
- Revolutionizes the outdated admissions process.
- Provides real-time insights and reporting.
- Delivers efficiency through analytics of staff, contracts, missing information and more.
- Ensures greater compliance, oversight and transparency.
Q: How do facilities continue to survive in a competitive, highly regulated industry?
A: To stay above the abundance of regulatory change, facilities want to know they have completed and compliant contracts and full oversight of the entire admissions process. This way they know what is done, which items are missing, which facilities are out of compliance, and what best practices can be shared among facilities. With so many agreements tied to reimbursement, RESIDE provides peace of mind that everything is complete and compliant.
Q: How does RESIDE improve first impressions?
A: First impressions are critical at facilities. Entering a long-term care facility is often overwhelming, and if your first interaction with a resident or family member goes well, then you create satisfaction moving forward.
RESIDE improves first impressions in several ways:
- Makes the move easier, faster and friendlier by allowing the admissions process to be started on the platform before entering the facility.
- Provides a simplified process by asking questions, removing the jargon and giving the resident or POA the opportunity to complete admission on their own.
- Gives administrators the data insights and reporting analytics that allows them to focus more on the resident. RESIDE ensures staff efficiency and effectiveness when delivering the best possible care.
Q: How does RESIDE Admissions help the administrative staff focus on patient-centered care?
A: RESIDE provides the administrative team the tools they need to be more efficient, so they can spend less time chasing information and more time focused on the patient. The team has full visibility into each resident’s admit pack, which improves productivity and maximizes connection.
Learn more about how admissions will never be the same by requesting a demo.